The car park, off Church Road, provides access to the Medical centre and public toilets.
Display sign in the car park behind the Medical Centre (there is also one at the entrance to the playing fields), showing some of the 42 miles of footpaths in the parish of Overton.
Overton’s current cemetery was established in the late 19th century, there are two others, one at St Mary’s church, which is now fully occupied and the other on Wrexham Road, which contains the Peel Chapel.
These two buildings on School Lane were the coach houses and stables for The Quinta which is on the High Street.
Quinta Cottage on School Lane, built in the 17th Century shows its original timber framing.
Hot food to take away! Fish and chips or authentic Indian food from the restaurant upstairs.
The War Memorial to Overton’s fallen is in the High Street opposite St Mary’s Church. Each November, the Remembrance Day service begins with a procession and the laying of wreaths at the memorial
The rebuilding of the Doctor’s Surgery has resulted in a modern medical complex with the facility to undertake minor operations. To make way for the Medical Centre, the Bowling Green, which was located directly behind the old surgery, was relocated adjacent to the Tennis Courts, in St Mary’s Avenue, and the old surgery building demolished
The Twinning Association stone and plaque. Each year around 30 residents exchange visits with La Murrette, France.
The new pharmacy was moved from the main part of the High Street to form part of the Medical Centre complex.
The High Street, broad and partly tree lined, looking north. The extra width enabled a regular street market to be held, as granted in the Royal Charter of 1292.
The frontage of the Village Hall, displaying a welcome sign for a Twinning Association exchange visit by the people of La Murette, France.
Originally built in 1890 as a place to take light beverages, as part of the Temperance Movement, the Cocoa Rooms now are home to the Library, the Parish Meeting Room , Overton Recreational Club and next door the Village Hall.
The Methodist Chapel, built in 1938, at the village cross roads.
Cottages now converted into a house on the corner of Musley Lane looking south out of the village.
Springfield Park, another example of new development in Overton, these houses were built in the late 1980s