Overton Village Fete
Overton Village Fete
Saturday 23rd June 2018
This year’s highlights included:
- A Village Parade (click here for their Facebook page)
- The Blakemere Fun Dog Show generously sponsored by Blakemere Veterinary Centre with 6 fun categories to enter:
- Cutest puppy (up to 1 year old)
- Loveliest bitch
- Most handsome dog
- Best OAP (dog/bitch over 7 years – not the Owner!)
- Waggiest tail
- Best Young handler
- Performances by the Llangollen Silver Band (back by popular demand for another year) and, of course,
- A raffle with some AMAZING prizes! The prizes are listed here
“A FABULOUS COMMUNITY SPIRIT! “
This was one of a number of enthusiastic comments during the day of Overton fete. Not from a local person but someone “passing through“ from Nottingham who decided to spend the day on the field instead.
It truly was a fantastic day – wonderful weather and a variety of stalls and activities to keep everyone occupied. The new petting zoo was a big success and the escaping duck added to the fun!
The dog show was as popular as ever, sponsored this year by Blakemere Vets. Thank you to them and to Sue Walker for judging. Money was raised for local societies and for various charities thanks to the hard work of stall holders and the generous support of visitors.
Of course this year had another magnificent Parade, following the Playgroup’s anniversary celebrations last year. What a parade it was, expertly organised by Amy Caswell and her wonderful team of volunteers. Amy was keen from the start that the parade should be a genuine community event and her infectious enthusiasm inspired others to participate. What fantastic creative and artistic skills were on display. The costumes were amazing and the suffragettes were resplendent and honoured the 100 year anniversary admirably!
An excellent raffle ended the day. Many thanks to the businesses and individuals who generously donated prizes. As people left the field clutching plants and bags of goodies a final comment was overheard, “ Can’t wait for next year! “